Thursday 5 August 2010

New Client and Launcher - Streaming Game Content

So today brings with it a spanky new client to download, which has its pluses and minuses.

On the plus side, WoW is now able to be streamed in that you are able to play with only a small portion of the data actually downloaded. The downloading will continue as you play, giving preference to content you are encountering.

Given the state of the internet in Aus, I'm expecting the data rate threshold required to play WoW streamed will have it so that this feature isn't available anyway and that one will simply have to download the entire client as usual. Either way, it's an interesting feature.

The other downside is that I now have a rather large client download sitting ahead of me that will most definitely put a dent in my monthly quota, which will very likely see me purchasing some extra data blocks shortly. The price of Cataclysm.

No comments:

Post a Comment